Want to join the major Hollywood Studios using Fabric? Request a demo and learn how you can streamline your media supply chain.
What is AWS?
AWS is a secure cloud services platform, offering scalable computing power, database storage, content delivery along with a range of other functionality to help us continue to grow with our customers.
AWS Security & Operational Processes
AWS security and operational processes for its network and infrastructure services are documented here: Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes. This document includes an overview of AWS's data centre controls, including:
- Physical and Environmental Security.
- Fire Detection and Suppression
- Climate and Temperature
- Storage Device Decommissioning
- AWS uses the techniques detailed in NIST 800-88 (“Guidelines for Media Sanitization”) as part of the decommissioning process.
- Amazon's infrastrcture fault tolerent design
- Core applications are deployed in an N+1 configuration, so that in the event of a data center failure, there is sufficient capacity to enable traffic to be load-balanced to the remaining sites.
Customers can obtain further details of AWS' compliance and security position via their website at: